The Old Cheltonian Lodge, No.3223, was constituted in May 1907 under charter from The United Grand Lodge of England.
The Lodge of Charterhouse School: Deo Dante Dedi no: 2885 recommended (or sponsored) the OC lodge when it was established.
In 1909 the standing committee of the Public School Lodges was founded by the school lodges of:
Westminster, Charterhouse, Cheltenham, Sherborne and Clifton to promote and disseminate Public School Freemasonry.
The title of Public School Lodges' Council was adopted in 1936.
There are 33 lodges represented on the Public Schools Lodge Council (including a lodge for Installed Masters)
OCs (who are over the age of 21)
or those who have had an association with College either as parents, staff or in other capacities are
eligible to apply to become members of The Old Cheltonian Lodge.
Meetings are held 4 times a year and alternate between London & Cheltenham.
The OC lodge is also active in the Gloucester Province and meets from time to time with the five "Old School Craft Lodges" of the Province.
For more information about Freemasonry please follow the link to Grand Lodge http://www.ugle.org.uk/
Contact the secretary of the OC lodge via the "contact us" page of this site.